Sonic / Furry Forum~!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be whatever you wanna be!

The Board Rules As Told By Sonic

Sonic The Hedgehog
    Sonic The Hedgehog
    Admin

The Board Rules As Told By Sonic Empty The Board Rules As Told By Sonic

Post by Sonic The Hedgehog Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:06 pm

The Board Rules As Told By Sonic S%20bg

Intro and Navigation

To all of you who have decided to join Sonic Silver I give you welcome. This is a forum I put much work into to create and I hope it becomes a perfect place to rpg in. It's made for both Sonic, Furry, Sci-fi, Medieval fantasy fans. There's a little bit of everything in this rpg, which should meet the expectations of the newbies here. Now this topic is made to tell the rules of this site in three parts.

1. The General Rules

The general rules are the rules for out of character, pming and chatbox. They have to do with the basic way we post to one another and also shows how much spam I can take before I press the ban button. It should help you in making friends and coming to no disagreements with everybody who joins this site. This is basically for the whole forum and should be used all the time, no exceptions. If you don't use these rules...well, consider taking a look at the ban part of this topic eh? Sonic Silver also has rules for PMs...might wanna check those out if you're considering flaming somebody for saying something.

2. Creation Rules

It's self explanatory. These rules are for Creation profiles, the approval process and the aftermath of approval. It includes what we allow and do not allow. More specific rules of this can be found in the templates created on this site.

3. Rpg Rules

The Rpg rules are all about the godmoding, overpowered individuals here and how we need to stop them from popping up like weeds on this site. I hate it when people do not play by the rules and wreck the game for us all. I have made these perfectly for those who don't know what I mean by metagaming and ect. Check it out! I swear if you don't you could get in trouble and not even know why! Here at Sonic Silver, this could be the most important part of the website.

4. The Ban Meter

This is how long it takes for me to decide to delete a user or ban somebody. It's a good spot for both admins and users to check out so they know what they're doing. This section includes a small note for those moderators who are starting to run into the admin world by accident. I know how many of you have probably been banned before, so you may wanna look at this more. The more you read these rules, the more I will like you heh heh. ^_^

Take a look at the posts below to see these rules now.
    Sonic The Hedgehog
    Sonic The Hedgehog
    Admin

The Board Rules As Told By Sonic Empty Re: The Board Rules As Told By Sonic

Post by Sonic The Hedgehog Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:21 pm

The Board Rules As Told By Sonic 247588-i206.photobucket.com-albums-bb132-Xx_Wild_Fire_xX-Avatars-KnucklesAvatar

The General Rules

1. Language

Let's start out with our overall way of typing on this site. First off let me start with saying this site is in english, since that is the only language I know expertly. That doesn't mean I don't like french speaking people or ect, it just means most of the admins won't be able to understand languages other than english here. I welcome everybody on this site of course, but we need you to be able to understand and type english in order to rp here and be able to understand us.

Second thing about language is crude language and chat-speak. Swearing is only allowed in minimal amounts. Only a few things bug me more than hearing the f-word yelled 60 times in one post. This site has a Teen Rating, meaning 12 and up will be on this site as well. If you want a mature rpg, look at the rating part of this topic would ya? I will allow the words crap, damn, ass and ect. But the f-word and it's friends will not be used in regular rpgs, only mature. And in mature they are at a min....And for chat-speak...you say one word of it and I will warn you only once before deleting. I only allow lol, rofl, omg in the ooc boards. I don't tolerate the c u l8tr thing at all.

2. Respect

We here at Sonic Silver have respect for the others of this forum, which goes for you newbies too! There will be no racism, flaming or harassing of any kind. Do not ignore somebody just because of their gender or race. And do not decide to flame the person for one comment they had said. We're supposed to get along in the rpgs, not hate each other okay? A more adult way of handling the situation is by discussing the problem with the other in calm tones. Pointing out the problems and actually listening to the other's ideas can help out a bunch in the end. If it escalates into violence, have an admin get contacted and explain the problem from both points of view without making a fuss over it. The admin will know if the other is lying since he/she can look up what the discussion was like before. The admin will help out and if one still fusses and starts flaming there will either be a warning or a ban. So do not disrespect your fellow members.

An admin has power over the site, and should not be harassed by members looking to get approved or wanting to rpg. The admin should also think about this rule of no flaming, for admins do not have that right either. The admin is basically a member with certain powers over the site. I am the creator of the site and I will make sure the admins who do not follow this gets stripped of their rank as administrator.

3. Spamming

The admin's most hated enemy is the spammer, who believes he should litter the forum with pointless stuff like random videos of youtube, naked photos of girls, advertisments for sites, bargains for shopping material we really don't need...the list goes on! This is what makes Sonic Silver feel like a mere plague of urls and images. Which is not even close to how this site is supposed to function. Sonic Silver must be kept clean. So spammers, stay far away from this site. Any topics that have been spammed in will be deleted by a moderator, a member or an admin. No exceptions. There is a trash section if you absolutely must post a spam. Remember the trash section is cleaned out after a while.

For those with advertisments to other rpg sites please post that in the advertising board.

There is another type of spamming as well. Like in the RPG part of this rules board. Be sure to take a look at that if you want to know the other side of spamming.

4. Ratings

For the topics we make on this site, our main concern is ratings. This goes for both the rpg rules and the general rules. In the topic title, please post in brackets (like these) the rating of your topic. A rating list is here.

-Everyone (E)
    -13 year olds be careful (PG)
    -Mature (M)

Another thing to add here is if this topic can be replied to by anyone, or by only a choice few members.

-If it is able to be acessed by anyone, state that it is an open topic. (open)
    -If only one or two people are allowed, call it a private topic. (P or Private)

5. Consistency

Lastily, we do have lives outside of this forum, but try to make an effort to stay active here. This forum is not made to go down and die like a lot of other forums in this world. And if it did, all my hard work on it would be wasted. Wasted forums are not good to me. I have never ran an active forum before, but this time if it does become active, I will try my best to keep it going strong. If the members can stay alive on this forum, it'd be much appreciated. If there is a reason you cannot be on for a while, please state it in the absenses forum.

Thank you for reading Knuckle's General Rules.

Last edited by Sonic The Hedgehog on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sonic The Hedgehog
    Sonic The Hedgehog
    Admin

Post by Sonic The Hedgehog Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:00 pm

The Board Rules As Told By Sonic Tails_avatar1

Creation Rules

THE CREATION PROCESS

1. Overpower

This is the first thing we should speak of for a reason. The overpowered character is the number one reason why I've been denying profiles. At the very beginning of the rpg, your character may have some special abilities. Like when a chao suddenly is born with a sentinent brain that makes it able to act like all the other mobians. The beginning is when your character has the start of the special abilities. According to the species you choose (cat, dog, ferret, hedgehog ect ect) you can have your species' special powers too. Like a weasle can stretch itself and fit in otherwise impossible crevices. Your character must first learn his/her basic moves before going off throwing fireballs at people. Although this wouldn't count for the canons, the canons may not have new powers but must learn them slowly. Probably even slower than the original characters! If your character is practicing a magic ability, you can start with the basic magician tricks before going up to the lightning bolt throwing techniques.

How could a character simply be born knowing their powers? God-like characters cannot possibly be made at first sight. New powers go to the power place and must be approved by an admin in order for you to have granting to it. Weapons at first must be basic until the one who holds it knows it's secrets through experience. One thing I don't allow is invincible characters. Everyone has weaknesses. And those weaknesses must make sense. If your character can only be killed by a silver bullet covered in fire aimed perfectly to the heart, I will deny that. It's too hard to defeat you that way. Where is one supposed to get those??

2. Overweakness

If you are the type who likes to make your character faint a lot or die a lot and ect, this is not the site for you. There is a balance between normal weaknesses and off-the-chart weaknesses. Those who decide to faint from being squeezed too hard or from fright all the time makes the other player confused and bored. It's boring to have to lug somebody around unconcious all the time. Believe me, it isn't worth it.

Try fighting for victory, no matter how scrawny you might be. Who knows? Maybe there's a chance to escape that overgrown lizard chasing you around.

3. How to be approved

There is a slot in the template that asks you to put in the Pass of Entrance. Write the words Bubble Gum Blast to be accepted. The reason for this is so I know everyone's read the rules.

4. Characters

You may have as many characters as you need here, but canons can only be used 2 times. One male and one female canon will be accepted on your account. Then it's all original characters. Also, if two people try to be the same canon, there will be an rp sample battle and the judges will be the whole team of admins. We will choose the victor and that one person may be the canon until he/she decides to ditch them. Remember though, if you don't play the canon for a long time they will be put back up on the availiable board. You cannot just ditch a canon then try to get it back. Once the canon is gone he or she will only be given back if:

A. The new person playing it decides to give it back.
    B. You both face in another rp sample battle.

APPROVAL

1. Canon crossoff and rank adding

When approved as a canon, an admin will cross off the canon character as unavaliable. If approved as an original character, your character will be moved to the approved characters list and you may pm me to get your rank and get your name moved to the rank listing. This is so people know who to look for if they need a mechanic, guardian or ect around. ^_^

Thanks for reading Tail's Creation Rules
    Sonic The Hedgehog
    Sonic The Hedgehog
    Admin

Post by Sonic The Hedgehog Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:28 pm

The Board Rules As Told By Sonic Silver_4

RPG Rules

1. Post sizes

This site has been created for Sonic / Furry Rpgers who like to post a lot and read a lot. Posts must be big and detailed, actually thought about and 4 lines at the min. This site was heavilly worked on by me. So were these rules as you can see each section was actually thought about. This site was made for intermediate / advanced roleplaying. How many of you have seen this :

First post
    Tails flew up a hill and sat there.

Second post
    ''Hey Tails.'' Sonic said.

I'm not that big a fan of one line topics and one line replies. It never puts any action into the story and one can't imagine where Tails is! It's important that people put some thought into their posts. Even if it's about them after a long training break going home. It should have something eye catching in it, and should feature enough detail for a person to imagine it. Refrain from putting no real creativity in your storyline. Remember this site is supposed to be novel-like.

2. Godmoding

God moding is when a person performs actions unfair, like saying somebody else's character did something against their will. For example, dodging every single attack one throws at you, and hitting your opponent every time you throw an attack. This can lead to the ban meter if used on purpose enough times. Godmoding can also be using a technique your character hasn't learned yet. The only exception is if you are a demon or a canon who has a dark side and you don't know it until at a near death situation, you unlock one power that saves you from dying. (Sonic becomes Dark Sonic from total anger ect)

3. Metagaming

Metagaming is when you are using information from out-of-roleplay or info you shouldn't know to affect events. Your character cannot read minds just like that you know. The best psychic ability that has to do with minds are memory locating or the sense to feel others feelings. Nobody yet knows how to actually hear another's thoughts, much less gather information that can help juring a battle. Silver cannot even do that, and he's a telekineases master!

4. Deathmatches

A deathmatch is when two peoples fight to the death. It could happen anywhere. A stealthy kill, a fast slice from somebody's blade on an extreme gear ect ect. If you do not want a deathmatch in your topic, say (no killing). Sometimes you may even put down (no fighting). And those who are looking for a match can put (battle) or (deathmatch) in their topic.

Thank you for reading Silver's Rpg Rules.

Last edited by Sonic The Hedgehog on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sonic The Hedgehog
    Sonic The Hedgehog
    Admin

Post by Sonic The Hedgehog Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:45 pm

The Board Rules As Told By Sonic Amy01

Ban Meter

Last in line, we have my ban meter. This is the meter that I designed to show how long it takes for me to ban a person. Us Admins only have enough time until we begin getting angered. Now then, this is the shortest of the posts since it covers everything in the banning.

Banning meters first start like so. You break a rule on accident. The admin goes over and you apoligize as it is by accident. The admin gives you a pre-warning. Pre-warnings are when it's safe to say it was a total accident and usually is when the admin trusts that you didn't mean to flame or pester the people around you. However, if you did it again you are then given another pre-warning, which means we are starting to become suspicious of you. This is usually when somebody stops. But for those that go ahead and break yet another law, the admin gives you a real warning. You are officially on the ban meter.

There are three warnings in the ban meter. The first time is the third time you've broken a law. The second is the fourth, then the last the final warnning. Then you break it again and instantly you are banned. If you never stop flaming or ect the first time, you will be banned for it without the ban meter even thought of. The whinier the greater that chance.

Bans can last from a week to total deletion of the account. It depends on the problem and the admin you've bothered.

A NOTE TO MODERATORS!

Moderators are not admins, therefore you absolutely do NOT go into an admin's buisness. A moderator cannot go and modify the site's look for no reason. They cannot delete a flaming account without approval from the admin and they cannot approve people's characters. Moderators can give helpfull tips to the person so the admin won't have to name a list of problems the character needs to fix. The moderator can do the bidding of the admin, can attempt to sort out a disagreement and can move topics that were in the wrong section. Other than that, not much.

Thank you for reading Amy's Ban meter.
    Sonic The Hedgehog
    Sonic The Hedgehog
    Admin

Post by Sonic The Hedgehog Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:49 pm

The Board Rules As Told By Sonic 1387954-1232209483-SonicAvatar

Final Words

I'm glad you took the time to read my super long topic on the rules! It's my first time with this site! And I'm hoping you remember that Bubble Gum Blast is the key to getting approved~! Now I'll be watching you guys so keep your eyes peeled.

Thank you for reading The Board Rules As Told By Sonic.

The Board Rules As Told By Sonic SonicTheHedgehogWallpaper800

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:52 am